The first step to making effective video messages is, well, recording the video! And with ZipperHQ, it’s so much easier than you think. You can save all of your videos in one place, record videos from your dashboard, and send everything right from Zipper! Not to mention that all of your videos are saved to one place. Read on for the step-by-step guide on how to do all of this – and get started becoming a video email extraordinaire.
First thing’s first, if you don’t already have a zipperHQ account, you can sign up here – it’s free forever! The Chrome extension is also a super helpful (free) tool that you can use to screen record, and add videos from your video library in Gmail.
Here’s the breakdown for you, since there’s multiple ways to do it.
1. Open up your ZipperHQ dashboard. There are a few different ways to record video, so let’s break it down.
a. One option is the ‘Record Video’ option on the left. When you click on this button, a screen will pop up with your video present – and you can choose ‘Camera Only,’ ‘Screen Only,’ or ‘Screen + Camera’ – you’ll need to download the Chrome extension for screen recording options, but it’s a great tool to show the recipient something on your screen.
From here, you can also create campaigns, and get more detailed in your videos for longer-term projects and larger-scale email campaigns.
i. Next, press record and get started! Relax, be yourself, and say what you need to say. It’s helpful to also take notes if you have a lot to cover.
ii. After you’re done recording, Click ‘Create Campaign,’ where you can add a subject line, recipients, and more details.
iii. You can also add a Call to Action (CTA) with a link at the bottom of your video too – just toggle the little switch and write what you’d like the banner to say!
b. You can also choose to record and send a video through the quick send option, ‘Record & Send,’ in the top right corner. This is great if you want to send a quick follow-up or just say hello!
i. Input all necessary information right in one window with this option. Input the subject, anyone you want to send the email to, you can schedule a time to send it, use a quick-send template, add a CTA, some text; everything is in one place to make it easy to send and go.
For any of these options, you can also upload videos that you’ve already taken on your phone or computer to your Zipper Dashboard to send. There are a few different ways to do this as well, so check out how to do that below.
1. One of the easiest ways to do it is to simply click the ‘Upload Video’ button in the center of the dashboard, which takes you directly to your computer files and allows you to upload any pre-recorded videos. This then adds them to the ‘Total Videos’/’Videos’ section of your dashboard.
2. Another way you can do this is by uploading a video to ‘Record & Send’.
3. Click the ‘Videos’ button on the top of the pop up.
4. Then click the ‘Upload Video’ button on the right. Similar to clicking the main ‘Upload Video’ button in the center of the dashboard, this will take you directly to your computer files where you can choose any video you’ve already recorded to upload. Voila!
Saving Videos to your Video Library
There are a few different ways you can save videos you’ve made to your library. Anything that you record or upload to the ZipperHQ dashboard will automatically be saved to the ‘Total Videos’ – you can also find all of your videos under the ‘Videos’ tab on the top of the dashboard.
1. If you go to ‘Record Video’ on the left side of your dashboard again and record something, you can click the button on the bottom left of the pop-up to save the video to your dashboard.